This is basically the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies recipe veganized. And instead of making a bunch of cookies, I make a single, big cookie in a cast iron pan. I borrowed the original recipe from AllRecipes.com.
- 2 small mixing bowls
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Measuring cup for dry goods
- Liquid measuring cup
- Large mixing spoon
- 10.5″ Lodge Cast Iron skillet
Ingredients for a Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (Yes, it’s a slightly odd amount)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg made via Neat egg (a vegan egg substitute used for cooking)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to mix and stir all the ingredients. The cooking time listed below is additional time.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Prepare vegan egg in its own small bowl. Then add that vegan egg to the sugar and butter mix, stirring it in.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in vegan chocolate chips.
- Pop until a Lodge Cast Iron pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Contains affiliate links.