This a wonderful recipe for chocolate chip banana muffins that I adapted to make vegan.
This Recipe Feeds
This recipe for vegan chocolate chip banana muffins makes twelve medium sized muffins.
- Two mixing bowls
- Measuring cup for dry goods
- Liquid measuring cup
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg made via Neat egg (a vegan egg substitute used for cooking)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan semisweet chocolate chunks
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to mix all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl blend the banana, oil, egg and vanilla together.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the banana mixture until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove muffins to cool. (I let them cool on in the pan on the stove top.)